"AS9100 Quality Management Systems - Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations" briefly known as AS9100 is a QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM in Aerospace Industry, designed and developed by SOCIETY OF AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERS and EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION OF AEROSPACE INDUSTRY. It was introduced in October 1999 to replace AS9000 and completely engulphing ISO9000.
AS9100C presents the latest revision in the standard since January 2009. The AS9100 is accepted worldwide by all major participants in Aerospace Industry.
The industry is now emphasizing over certification from the AS9100 to be mandatory for participants in the industry irrespective of their size, product/service or their role in the industry.
Benefits of AS9100
- The participant in the industry would get competitive advantage over others
- Would be able to reduce risk of fatal mistakes by adhering to the Quality Management Standards
- Would get exposure towards continuous improvements in processes that takes place worldwide in the industry
- Would be accommodated in a database of Online Supplier Information System
- Would be able to achieve license to trade with lesser hassles