Fami-QS is a Quality and Safety System for Specialty Feed Ingredients and their Mixtures in the field of Animal Feed Business. It is derived from inputs of Experienced Industry Experts.
The Code engages into the following activities to ensure Safety, Quality and Regulatory Compliance for the Industry:
- By minimizing the risk of entry of unsafe specialty feed ingredients and their mixtures into the feed and food chain
- By Enabling an Operator to Implement the Objectives of the Feed Hygiene Regulation
- By providing Set of measures to meet all other related Feed Safety Regulatory Requirement
The Regulation (EC) No 183/2005 sets up Hygiene and Safety Requirements for the whole Feed Chain this includes Specialty Feed Ingredients and their Mixtures, which are actually both covered by the FAMI-QS scope.
- Specialty Feed Ingredients comprise Feed Additives and Functional Feed
- Their Mixtures comprise Premixtures, Specialty Complementary Feed as well as Specialty Complementary Dietetic Feed