What is FSSC 22000 Standard?
Combined with the ISO 22000 Food Safety Management standard with the Publicly Available Specification (PAS) 220 or ISO/TS 22002-1: Part-1 Food Manufacturing and other additional requirements Fully recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
The FSSC 22000 Food Safety System Certification provides a framework for effectively managing your organization's food safety responsibilities. FSSC 22000 is fully recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and is based on existing ISO Standards. It demonstrates your company has a robust Food Safety Management System in place that meets the requirements of your customers and consumers.
GFSI is an organization committed to benchmarking food safety management schemes with an aim towards fostering a convergence between food safety standards.
Why FSSC 22000?
FSSC 22000 Standard can be applied to a broad spectrum of organizations of any size of complexity in food manufacturing. This program is designed for food manufacturers who supply or plan to supply their products to major food retailers or major branded food companies.
Those manufacturers certified against ISO 22000 will only need a review on additional requirements in order to meet the FSSC 22000 certification scheme. Any organization with an existing food safety program such as GMP or HACCP, can use such program as a platform and incorporate the elements of the combined ISO 22000 and PAS 220 into their existing system.
Implementation FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System such as
- Organizational commitment towards Food Safety
- Develop internal system about Food Safety Hazard and Risk from process and product
- Develop Food Safety Monitoring Plan covering stages of inspections required to control manufacturing or service delivery process to eliminate, reduce or control health hazards and food safety risks from physical, chemical & microbiological contamination.
- Increase consumer confidence, community faith and stake holder confidence
- Reduce legal obligation related to product, service delivery such as Food Safety and Standards FSSAI Act, FSS Rules, Food Safety & Standard Rules.
- Global market access in terms of export and global recognition
- Independent of personal competency and high reliability on Food Safety Management System.
- Reduce Product Recall, Reduce Product Withdrawal, Reduce Non-Conformances, reduce re-process, Reduce Legal Non-Compliances,
- Legal Compliance of Schedule 4 Compliance of FSSAI, FSSAI license conditions, FSSAI Inspection
- Pre-Requisite Program, Operational PRP, Hazard Risk Evaluation, CCP Determination, HACCP Plan, Validation Plan, Verification Plan
- Food Safety concerned organizational approach
- Reduce Legal Obligation and compliance inspections.