ISO 22000: 2005 – Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) Requirements for any organization in the food chain and needed to develop a food safety management system.
The ISO 22000: 2005 family is a series of standards for organizations in the food chain.
The difference between ISO 22000: 2005 and the HACCP
- Codex HACCP is an excellent guidance document, provides information about the principles of HACCP
- ISO 22000: 2005 is an auditable standard.
- Having general requirements for a food safety management system.
- Validation, verification and improvement of the food safety management system.
- Management responsibility.
- Resource management.
- Planning and realization of safe products.
it’s not only for food processors
- Food safety is as strong as the weakest link in the food chain.
- Therefore, ISO 22000: 2005 is written to be used by all organizations that are in the food chain, regardless of size or position in the food chain.
- It also provides a common description for a food safety management system regardless of whether or not an organization must also comply with national regulatory HACCP requirements.
Benefits after implementing ISO 22000: 2005
Improving internal communications on food safety issues with staff & enhancing customer satisfaction and improving your image with customers.
- A clear, auditable and global standard, which provides a state of the art definition of a food safety management system.
- Incorporating the five preliminary steps and seven principles of codex HACCP.
- A direct link between pre-requisite programs and the HACCP plan designed to increase the effectiveness of the food safety management system.
- Providing an approach and structure in alignment with both QMS & EMS.
- We provide training to employees of the organization in accordance to the Standard in terms of Documentation of Activities, Recording Data, Analyzing Data, Review of Records, Management Reviews, Measurement and Monitoring of Processes and Corrective & Preventive Actions.
- We provide Internal Audit Training to Function Heads in the Organization/Designated Staff Personnel. Through Internal Audit training, Employees get conversant to the System as well as cross functional activities, which would in turn is beneficial to the Organization
ISO 22000: 2005
(FSMS) / HACCP