ISO 28000 Specifications for Security Management Systems in the Supply Chain briefly known as ISO 28000 is developed and recommended by International Organization for Standards (ISO), which deals with Supply Chain Security Management System in an organization that needs to be improvised on continual basis.
Any organization irrespective of its size, product/service and geographical location can apply to achieve ISO 28000.
Benefits of ISO 28000:
- An organization would be able to implement efficient security management system
- Enhanced credibility amongst stake holders
- Reduction in costs related to regulations
- Related authorities are assured that the organization is abide by applicable laws and regulations
- Organization would gain competitive advantage with peers and market differentiation as well